Develop robust, fully-featured Django functions by means of writing exams first
About This Book
- Deliver feature-complete initiatives by means of encoding consumer tales and contours in practical tests
- Take a deep dive into browser-based trying out with Selenium and Django's LiveServerTestCase
- An instance pushed, complete consultant to exploring test-driven improvement thoughts with Django
Who This e-book Is For
This booklet is for Django builders with very little wisdom of test-driven improvement or trying out quite often. Familiarity with the command line, establishing a Python digital surroundings, and beginning a Django undertaking are assumed.
What you'll Learn
- Codify consumer tales as browser-based assessments to make sure their completion
- Write remoted unit exams that not just be certain your program, but additionally clarify it
- Use the red-green-refactor TDD cycle to create and refine your code through altering exams first
- Test integrations with exterior APIs by means of trying out their documentation
- Mock out calls to exterior providers and inner functions
- Explore the fundamentals of documentation-driven API design
- Other checking out instruments on hand in well known Python programs corresponding to Django leisure framework and VCR.py
Test-Driven improvement (TDD) simplifies the trickiest of software program projects with its specific skill to peel again difficulties into layers. The checking out instruments on hand in Python and Django make try out writing a pleasure, and the whole insurance try suite that effects from TDD is a boon to any project.
This advisor to constructing with Django takes a test-first method: write a try, then write adequate construction code to get it to move. you are going to speedy get hands-on adventure, writing assessments for a database-driven program with the TDD technique. Use this e-book to construct the talents and behavior that make checking out a typical a part of your workflow.